The Art of Storytelling
Engage & Teach Young Learners
Creative Director - Epic Tales
Since co-founding Snail Tales with Amy, Chip has performed in 7 countries, directed numerous heritage and theatrical productions, and written the EU guide to storytelling in schools. His other works include Cambridgeshire Folk Tales for Children and Who Made England?: the Saxon/Vikings Race to Create a Country, both published by The History Press; and also A Little Sport in Littleport, published by Babylon Arts. He also presents Life of the People for the Museum of English Rural Life.
Primary School Teachers
The workshop will focus on "Engaging and Teaching Early Years with Storytelling: using Epic Tales' researched 'Imagination Investment' principles to ensure your children focus and learn in any subject."
Day 1 will explore...
• What is "Imagination Investment"?
• What is the evidence that this will benefit your children?
• What is the evidence that this will work with your children?
Day 2 will explore...
• What is "The Keyring of Engagement" and how do you use it?
• "Bigging It Up" for language development
Day 3 will explore...
• The 27 voices you can already do
• "Story Anchors" and how to use them
Day 4 will explore...
• Your storytelling "PARTI"!
• Creating the "Synergy Atmosphere"
Day 5 will explore...
• Using "Story-Led Learning"
• Finding stories to tell
• Helping your children become "Story-Led Thinkers"
Date: 13th July 2020 -17th July 2020
Timings: 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Registration Fee: INR 2500